Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Biking on the Swamp Rabbit Trail

If you were to travel around Furman's Swan Lake from either direction, you would eventually come to a little wooded path that leads to the Swamp Rabbit Trail. The paved, well-traveled path is the main foot and bike travel artery between Greenville and Traveler's Rest, with Furman sandwiched in between. Since the initial weeks of this semester, I've biked the swamp rabbit in either diretion, and in it's entirety on several occcasions. Not only has it been a way to keep me active and fit, but it has also provided me with some memorable scenery and, well, occurrences, that have helped define this new stage of my life. Usually leaving before dusk, Bryan, my hall mate, and I, even at a challenging pace, don't return until after dark. While we aren't supposed to be on the trail after dark without bike lights, the setting is opportune for the telling of eerie ghost stories, listening to the sounds of cicadas and owls, and introspective conversations about the meaning of Led Zeppelin songs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment